Monday, November 20, 2006

BlackGold

Does anyone know about the documentary BlackGold? The documentary is being shown at CMU on the 2nd and 10th of December. Rumor has it that after the showing there will be some prominent people presenting the counter argument of the documentary and how it is a false representation of the coffee market/trade. I could be wrong on that, and have not found proof. Here is a blog that talks more about the festival that will be going on.

If anyone is interested or has any further information please let me know.

4 comments:

RVWarren said...

Looks intriguing. I've always been a little wary of markets in which you don't at all need to care about the product, since it is all abstracted. Is anyone from Commonplace looking to go? I might try to go the 2nd, if I can.

Jason said...

Same here--let us know if you want to go, Al.

jporter said...

Hey Al! That was a great trip! and the "coming off the mountain" idea reminds me of that experience and others with the Pisgah Program.. but then I also relate it to other times/seasons in my life, and it certainly is a good reminder to me.
Remember that crazy commune we ended up in one night? oh dear. or the creatures in the water! good memories and lessons learned. I miss our supper dates, Al!

Jeff Robinson said...

I really want to see that documentary, but know nothing of it's appearance at CMU. I hope things are going well.