Wednesday, December 27, 2006

distracting thoughts and learned moments

I often times think while my family is on the road to and from Pittsburgh over the holidays. Last night my father was driving, my sister as well as my mother and brother were all fast asleep and I sat with my thoughts. I tried to put some music in my ears to distract me but that only works as a catalyst sometimes.

My thoughts on memories and perfect moments in time are not all that perfect. That my pedestal that I have placed people on is really just my way of dealing with the brokenness in the world and is quite unhealthy. I'm learning how to be confident and decisive. Too many choices to make one decision drives me crazy and it happens consistently, especially now. Thoughts on what the New Year will be as I enter a new season where I need to learn to be bold and a truly a leader, as I end my first semester as a campus minister and enter into another.

Either way. I'm excited about these things: I received my favorite book "Five Smooth Stones" for Christmas and I had the ability to copy all my brothers music (with it being in the family I feel it is OK to give a listen and a copy....but not to hand out. Justification? maybe.).


ps. what do you think about Modest Mouse and their new CD?

2 comments:

Jason said...

Good post.

If you mean MM's 2004 album (Good News...), I think it's surprisingly solid; it's not my favorite, but I'm glad they didn't go downhill when they got onto a major label.

If you mean their upcoming 2007 album, I'm pumped--the tracks I heard fused the good points of their earlier albums with their newer, more poppier side and it's frankly pretty awesome. And the Smiths' Johnny Marr is part of the band too. Wow.

Al said...

I find it to be catchy and good for driving. Possibly a really good summer cd find. But I'm enjoying it now too