Saturday, February 10, 2007

Pieces of the Story

I'm trying new templates. Not sure if I like this or not..... It may get a bit experimental here in the next few days.


About those random slips of paper that I was talking about earlier. Is there a correlation there to to the way we run our lives. The pieces that are so important and yet also the piles of baggage that we stack up. The stories that create who we are, the ones that we hate and yet the ones we can never truly get rid of. Sometimes I hate my story, I hate the way I consistently do certain things or the way that I think, because this story/these experiences have shaped me. Not to shift blame, but to recognize that these pieces are a part of my thinking/feeling. I don't want to get rid of them, because they are so important; however, I want to organize them so I can utilize them properly...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The black-on-dark-gray look doesn't work.

Al said...

I think I need some spring cleaning in my life! I guess what I was hoping to get at, without being all sappy or theological (cause I'm awful at the two) is a deep-rootedness. The stories that embed our lives and the baggage that this brings. How do we center all of our mishaps and "ugly" parts of self to create and shape what we are truly meant for in life?

I wish I was theological at points, cause then this would sound a bit more smart. I think often times we hate the stories that have been given to us, our past, our hurts, our experiences, and yet we cannot do anything about these. So we must pick up the scraps and create art.

Maybe I'm not making any sense at all. But it's more than just scraps of paper that are laying around my room (yet those are a nuisance as well!)

Chris said...

this is a pretty good one. i change mine like every week i think.