Friday, April 06, 2007

The Day Off...

I started this day with a friend from College, we sat over breakfast and reminisced...or at least I did. She is still in college and I just longed to be back there for a moment in time. It was nice.

Then I set to the task of doing laundry and downloading 40 songs from eMusic. A friend of mine gave me his songs for the month as a gift and also he said, in his words exactly, "i'm sure you could use all 80 before you think twice." It's true... but it is a stressful task to think of 40, let alone 80 songs. Stressful b/c I have to narrow everything down to what I want and get the best for the gift I have been given. Thanks to Jason Panella I was able to get some ideas and the push I needed to start. THANKS Jason!




So this is what I have decided to get:

M.Ward, Post-War

Elvis Perkins, Ash Wednesday

Neko Case, song: Sparrow
Neko Case played at Festival of Faith and Music o7', I decided to download Sparrow because I remember her performance and this song stuck with me. Something about the way she held her voice was beautiful. Jason has a great video and summary of her performance here.

The Decemberists, songs: Everything I Try To Do, Nothing Seems To Turn Out Right; Pt.I/Pt.II/Pt.III/Pt.IV/Pt.V

Andrew Bird, song: Self-Torture




Now, you see, I potentially have 40 more songs to go for next month....I do think though, that my friend (*cough you know who you are) should widen his music interests and use these 40 songs for himself. So if you have any suggestion of MUST HAVE songs or cd's PLEASE PLEASE let me know... I have a list that is a mile long, but I am having a hard time shortening it and if you can't shorten it why not ADD to it?!





.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll recommend this:

http://www.emusic.com/album/10925/10925086.html

joeldaniel said...

i'd recommend anathallo's two cd's (particularly sparrows...i understand their packaging on their newer cd is worth finding it offline) (particularly a song for christine...i think that'd be my favorite on there. though it's hard to choose).

and the arcade fire. neon bible & funeral.