Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter

I fail to reflect on this day. I get caught up in the frustration with family; the beauty of homemade pasta, meatballs, stuffed peppers, etc.; the loud yelling of my relatives (we are Italian); the poor coffee and excellent homemade wine; and the long drive back home.

I fail to reflect on what this day truly means. On the very truth that it is a day that symbolizes the very essence of why I am living!

Last year I sat in a study with eight other individuals and around this time we decided to stop studying 1 John for a stint and look at John's account of Jesus' last days on earth. We picked and prodded at the text, we looked at the parallels of the Old Testament blood sacrifice and blood covenant, at the events that lead up to His death, at what was going on between the Romans and the Jews, and at the details that often times get overlooked when we read through this account.

I loved it. I loved soaking up the details and seeing parallels to the Old Testament. I miss being there, of being challenged through these people. This is my reflection, an end to another Easter. Time with family is sweet and bitter all at the same time, strangely enough I see the same two words going into this time in history. And so the day is about over and I am about to retire. It was nice to reflect for but a moment.



Thank You and Goodnight.




EDIT: This should not be a "holiday" nor a one time reflection. It should be daily and foundational to everything we live and breathe. soak it in

No comments: