Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Goodbye Junior

So I am suppose to be doing a lot of work right now. But as everyone knows it is mandatory and inevitable that we will always be distracted, even if it is self-inflicted. So be it.

In my distractions this early afternoon, I wanted to post about a new purchase and another dull step into adulthood. Yes I traded in Junior (as I so lovingly called my blue ford focus) for a Subaru Impreza Sport, 05'. Junior was not a Jr. anymore, quite the opposite. He was becoming a feisty old man who sporadically staled on me a few times, decided to no longer provide air conditioning, and did not want to cruise with his cruise control. There are a myriad of other issues that Junior was developing and in that I decided he needed to go elsewhere on his journeys with, of course, a blessing. I did like that little blue guy. He was faithful and diligent. In his formation of arthritis I did not want to hurt him anymore. So we parted ways, it was a sad moment in history. Me and him go way back, there are a lot of memories there...

So I was at the dealership deciding whether or not to make the trade. Key phrase, "I was still deciding", when in fact my father went there with full intentions to make the trade...period. There was a LARGE list of "how's" running through my head. Like, How am I going to be able to pay for this? or How come we need to pay with money, can't I barter or something!? Anyway..the deal was done and I'm sending my check in the mail today. These things make me nervous, especially when it happens so quickly. I am learning about down payments and upfront payments and blah blah blah....

I told my mother I can't wait to go to heaven, and not be so burdened by money and these things. She said "I can wait for you to go to heaven!" I was touched, but assured her that I meant, " I can't wait for us all to be in heaven together".... later in retelling that story to my father, she added a piece by saying "I can wait for you to go to heaven, I don't want you leaving us all your car payments!"

There it is. Now I need a new name for my silver Subaru.... any thoughts? It took me five yrs to name Junior. Maybe he will remain nameless for awhile, until something memorable happens.

4 comments:

joanna said...

i'm honored that i was able to be on one of junior's last roadtrips. what a great time we had together. i can't wait to go on new trips in your new car! love you!

Samuel said...

i think you should name him sven :)

Al said...

sven... not too shabby. What else you got?

Dan said...

Ya know Steve from Geneva, who was a freshman when I was a Senior? He knows you. He has be coming to my church in Lancaster. Small world.