Thursday, June 14, 2007

New(s) Breifs ?



Laughing at my brother's post the other week, this news-brief caught my attention. It's sort of funny but kind of makes some sense.
_____________________________________________________________

Looking at BBC news, which I think is great, you can click on the countries that you want to find the latest news and headlines. It's interesting to look at America and see headlines like the the one above, technology and how to stay safe from hackers, and how money talks. Then you can read about the latest fad, spoiled toothpaste, ect ect. It's quite interesting to then link to other countries and read headlines like: Army 'kills' Nigerian militants, Mass rescue of 'slaves' in China, or various others. It's true, I can pick and choose what headline I decide to link and maybe there are everyday life things in these other countries that are just as senile or even beautiful like those in America.


My 'good friend' stated today that "all blogs are bias" ...I must agree. So here is another bias blog to fill your bias mind on what is in the headlines in America and other countries. How we emphasize money, fame, and technology and other places emphasize war, bombings, slaves, and leaders. Not to say that other countries don't portray what we do....but I must keep with my blogging one-sidedness.


What have you seen in the news lately?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You simply need to read the news differently. For instance, if a story is titled, "House burns down", you can safely infer it to mean, "millions of other houses did NOT burn down". ...which is good news.

Al said...

true true, I must agree. Hence why i said things were bias...very bias, I completely understand and agree.

In fact I think this post sort of annoys me, my post that is.