Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Gathering the Brains while Laughing

I must edit some of the wordage in my last post, I agree that my vocab was bit off. Being a tradesman is not "mindless labor." Dave in the comment below (from my previous post) made a good point and I agree quite strongly.

I think I made a lot of assumptions about this trip at large. One that I would be so lifting, shoveling, and running around in crazy circles all week. I thought that the labor side of the trip would be so intense that I would be sore all over. Instead I painted a lot, climbed a few ladders, did some roof painting and patch work, and yeah. It wasn't what I was used to or wanted out of a "missions" trip. I wanted to process, work real hard, analyze, and think about where I am with ministry, what I am doing, and why!?

I was pleasantly surprised though. I am glad that what I wanted was never stumbled upon. My abs got more of a workout than any other part of me. My brain stopped functioning, except for the hilarious side of me (which many people don't know it, but I am funny...maybe.), my tear ducts where in full function (as I cried with laughter), and I did not process, think, analyze or figure anything out--besides being reminded that I need to chill out and rest/laugh a bit more.

Only a few people can pull this side of me out. Which is interesting how some have that effect on us and others do not. Weird.

This is a filler post. But things that I am thinking about as I try to gather my brain and get back into some type of functioning order....

No comments: